The Trump Effect: Employee Benefits Issues To Watch
September 28, 2017
2 CEs have been approved by the WAOIC.
- Working With The 115th Congress
- Benefits of a Republican Majority
- Challenges With A 52 Seat Senate Majority
- Filibuster / Cloture Requirements
- Budget Reconciliation
- Priorities Of The Trump Administration
- Repeal and Replace The Affordable Care Act
- ACA's Performance
- CBO Estimates vs Actual
- Insurer Participation
- Impact of Medicaid Expansion
- Changes To The Uninsured Rate
- AHCA / BCRA
- CBO Scoring
- Individual Market Impacts
- Medicaid Impacts
- Employer Based Coverage impacts
- Federal Paid Family Leave
- Campaign vs. Budget Proposals
- Interaction w/ State / Municipal Paid Leave
- Interaction w/ Private Disability Insurance
- Tax Reform
- Individual Tax Reform
- Corporate Tax Reform
- Employee Benefits Tax Reform
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- Countdown To 2018
- House Races To Watch
- Senate Races To Watch
- Legislative Impact IF Republicans Control 60 Senate Seats
Presenter James Slotnick, JD; Assistant Vice President, Government Relations, Sun Life Financial U.S.
James represents Sun Life's interests to elected officials and regulators, focusing on issues that impact the Group Life, Disability, Dental, Vision, Voluntary, and Stop-Loss industries.
Over the last 15 years James has held various roles within Sun Life's Client and Technology Services, Distribution, and Legal departments. Prior to his current role, James served as a member of the Integration Management Team for the acquisition of Assurant Employee Benefits, in 2016.
James regularly speaks to audiences across the country about the changing dynamics in Washington and impacts to the employee benefits industry.
James holds a BA from Saint Anselm College, an MBA from Suffolk University's Sawyer School of Management, and a JD from Suffolk University Law School. In 2017 he was named one of LIMRA's "Rising Stars of Distribution Under 40".
Online registration deadline is September 26.
Register by phone until noon on September 27 at 206-623-8632.
No refunds after September 26.
Members must log in to get the member rate.
Washington Athletic Club
1325 6th Ave, Seattle 98101 • map
Parking is available but not validated
7:15-8:00 am Registration, Breakfast, WAOIC sign in
8:00-8:50 am Program
8:50-9:00 am Break
9:00-9:50 am Program
9:50-10:00 am Q&A, WAOIC sign out
$65 members; $85 non-members and guests by registration deadline.
$80 members; $100 non-members and guests after deadline or at door.
To qualify for WAOIC CE credits:
You will need to show government-issued photo identification and signature.
Your WAOIC number is required on the sign in / sign out form.